Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Project LIT Community?
We are a national, grassroots LITeracy movement, a network of dedicated teachers and students who are committed to increasing access to culturally relevant books and promoting a love of reading in our schools and communities. We work together to:
- Empower students as READERS and LEADERS in their school and community.
- Host monthly or quarterly Project LIT Book Clubs.
- Flood our schools and communities with high-quality, culturally relevant books.
- Champion & celebrate reading daily.
- Inspire and support one another through sharing of lesson plans, resources, strategies, and book recommendations.
- Create opportunities for students to connect with peers around the country.
- Advocate for policies & practices that will help our students become lifelong leaders.
September 22 – Interest Meeting
October 19 – First Book Club Meeting: Front Desk by Kelly Yang
November 16 – The Last Last-Day-of-Summer by Lamar Giles
No meeting in December
January 25 – A Good Kind of Trouble by Lisa Moore Ramée
February 22 – From the Desk of Zoe Washington by Janae Marks
March 15 – Maybe He Just Likes You by Barbara Dee
April 19 - Refugee by Alan Gratz
May 17 - I Can Make This Promise by Christine Day
Meetings will be virtual until further notice.
Mirrors, Windows, and Sliding Glass Doors - Rudine Sims Bishop
Diversity Means Inclusivity - Jason Reynolds
The Danger of a Single Story - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
#ProjectLIT Book Club Information
Who is this club for?
We encourage students, families, and school staff to read and celebrate books together. The celebration includes food, discussion of the novel, and a fun activity.
What will each meeting look like?
- Sign in/Welcome
- News & Information
- Small group discussions & share time
- Introduce next month's book