Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Recommended Dewey books for 4th Grade
The Dewey Decimal System by
Publication Date: 1996-09-01
Ideal for today's young investigative reader, each A True Book includes lively sidebars, a glossary and index, plus a comprehensive "To Find Out More" section listing books, organizations, and Internet sites. A staple of library collections since the 1950s, the new A True Book series is the definitive nonfiction series for elementary school readers.
Bob the Alien Discovers the Dewey Decimal System by
Publication Date: 2010-01-01
Bob is from planet Plainold, where they have just discovered spiders. But planet Plainold doesn't have books, so Bob has traveled to Earth to find books about spiders. Join Allison Wonderland as she teaches Bob how to use the Dewey Decimal System to find books about spiders and much more!
Fourth Grade in the Library
Fourth grade learn about the research process in library classes through projects that connect with the social studies and science curriculums. Students will learn how to identify keywords, navigate online encyclopedias and databases, and cite resources. Students also learn about poetry in connection with various areas of the fourth grade curriculum.
- Expand recognition and identification of different genres of literature.
- Listen to and read poetry.
- Identify elements of poetry.
- Select appropriate books of poetry based on personal interests and curriculum needs.
- Increase their knowledge base of a variety of authors.
Research & Information Literacy Skills
- Demonstrate ability to use print and on-line sources for research.
- Use keyword and series search skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of cyber safety in research
- Demonstrate ability to follow AUP
- Cite sources used in research.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research process.
- Demonstrate initial understanding of copyright and plagiarism.
- Locate and use materials in reference section and on-line reference folder.
- Use encyclopedias and on-line resources emphasizing use of sub topics, keywords, guidewords, and indices.