Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Biography graphic organizer
Recommended Biographies for 3rd Grade
Who Was Walt Disney? by
Publication Date: 2009-04-16
Walt Disney always loved to entertain people. Often it got him into trouble. Once he painted pictures with tar on the side of his family's white house. His family was poor, and the happiest time of his childhood was spent living on a farm in Missouri. His affection for small-town life is reflected in Disneyland Main Streets around the world.
Third Grade in the Library
Third grade students will come to understand that there is an organzational system (Dewey Decimal System) that organizes library collections. Students will be introduced with the research process focusing on reading for the purpose of extracting facts from texts. Students also will read various genres including biography.
- Recognize different types of genre.
- Identify key components of various forms of biographical writing.
- Select suitable biography to read independently
Research & Information Literacy Skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ten main classes of the Dewey Decimal System utilizing this knowledge to locate materials including fiction, nonfiction and other materials.
- Locate materials using search strategies in OPAC-Destiny.
- Explain the arrangement of books in different sections of the library.
- Differentiate between fact, fiction and opinion.
- Utilize introductory research skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of parts of a book: cover, spine, title page, author, illustrator, call numbers, publisher, place of publication, copyright date, dedication page, table of contents, index, and glossary.