Kindergarteners will explore the library during their weekly class lesson. Here is a list of things we will be covering this year.
1. Library procedures, library manners and book care
2. Enjoying and responding to quality literature
3. Learning what is fiction and nonfiction
4. What is an author’s and illustrator’s job
5. What is the difference between public and school library
6. Participate in an author study
7. Enjoying Caldecott Award winning books
8. Learn the parts of a book
9. Read, discuss and vote on literature that is listed on
the “Pennsylvania Young Readers Choice”.